Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus 4152 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

After about a year of wasting shipping labels to get them to print right (after toggling different settings), today I realized that my shipping labels measure at 5x7 but somehow when I put them in the printer they measure at the 4x6 preset line. How is this possible? 

My labels have been cutting off the left side when printing.  I put the labels in the printer and slide it all the way to the right, which puts the paper at the 4x6 line so a part of my text gets cut off.  

Why are there two different measurements? I have to remember now to always change my printer setting to 4x6 even though the label is 5x7 to get it to print right.

I even tried lining the label up at the 5x7 preset line on the printer and all it did was spit the label out crooked with no ink. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ZeeVay 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Check / Adjust the defaults in the Embedded Web Server (EWS) for small, medium, and large paper.

Retain_Printing_Preferences_20Retain_Printing_Preferences_20

Next,

Label printing on smaller paper might be more of a challenge for this printer --

The printer does not support borderless (at any size) and the bottom margin is 12.7 (non-negotiable)

Borderless PrintingNo
Print Margin Bottom (A4)12.7 mm
Print Margin Left (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Right (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Top (A4)3 mm

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP DeskJet Plus 4152 All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.