Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a 2016 Pro 277DW printer and I am getting an error message that states "supply memory error. I am running an older OS.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @wolfie2120,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the supply memory error.

• Follow these troubleshooting steps in the order presented.
  • Open the front door and remove the suspected toner cartridge.
  • Check the supplies memory chip. If it is damaged, replace the toner cartridge.
  • Reinstall the toner cartridge.
  • Close the front door.
  • If the message displays again, turn the printer off, then on again.
  • Verify if the cartridge is a genuine HP toner cartridge. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit or visit hp.com/go/ok and enter the serial number from the security label.
  • If the error persists, and it is a genuine HP toner cartridge, contact your HP-authorized service or support provider or contact HP customer support for assistance in resolving the issue.
  • http://www.hp.com/go/contactHP
  • If it is an aftermarket (non-hp) or remanufactured toner cartridge, return the defective toner cartridge to the vendor where purchased.

NOTE: Service or repairs that are required as a result of using unsupported supplies is not covered under HP warranty.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.