Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently AT&T came out to fix our internet connection, and in doing so, they also replaced the router/modem. The issue now is that the printer is now refusing to connect to the wifi when this was not an issue beforehand. When trying to set it up several times, even restoring default network settings, I noticed it also said: "IP: no link." I've tried pretty much everything and am at a loss. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Restore-WiFi-Setup-mode-on-HP-printers-...

The above knowledge base article shows how to return printer to initial wifi connection mode.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this did not help. It's saying "no link" for IP and my wireless network test results just say that my printer is unable to connect to my wireless router and MAC address filtering could be enabled. It is not, I've checked. But on the same test under settings, it says the printer failed the "No Filtering," which I'm not sure how because, again, that setting isn't on, on my router. 

Are there any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Bump. Still needing help with this please. 

HP Recommended

Pfft, never mind! After talking to AT&T and then someone at HP, I found out my printer is just old, and the software can no longer keep up with updated networks so I need a new one lmao. I don't know how you close this, but thanks anyway. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.