Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi.  My HP 5515 has just started to print out blank pages, even though I have just changed the printer cartridges.  This seems to have happened mid print and nothing I am doing is working (ie cleaning the cartridges and metal connectors).  I also tested the copy feature and that is also printing out blank pages as well.

Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly! does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

taray,

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01892627

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

taray,

This article should help resolve your blank pages:

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Hi JohnB.  Just wanted to thank you for the instructions you sent me.  They worked!  It turned out to be a very simple case of unplugging the printer and reconnecting.  Simple when you know how, I guess.  Very strange occurrence but really pleased that I've finally sorted after replacing several ink cartridges.

Tara

HP Recommended

taray,

Glad to hear you are back up and running. Let us know ASAP if you have any additional problems :smileywink:.

HP Recommended

I replaced the black cartridges twice before on HP5515 without an issue. I replaced it yesterday with two different new cartridges with blank pages printing for the black. All other colors are printing fine. I went to website recommended turning Quoteprinter off, disconnecting USB. restarting computer. Same resuld no black print... Have had printer since 6/12

HP Recommended

Hi kwalt,

There are many more steps in the article linked by -JohnB- than what you listed. For example, you listed turning off your printer, but the article states to "Reset the All-in-One", which involves more than just powering down the printer. To effectively troubleshoot the issue, make sure you have completed each step in the order they are presented.

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but the link quoted

no longer works.

Is it still available?

HP Recommended

Hi b_h,

Do you also have the Photosmart 5515?

Can you estimate the ink levels, in percent full for each cartridge, by looking at the printer ink gauge?  Click Here 

That link may be the updated version of the link mentioned in the earlier post.  You can follow the steps in the link for help.  Let me know what happens.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended
The link for the solution no longer works. My printer sounds like its printing but nothing actually prints. Some the colors print but no blank. Switched cartridges- still nothing.
HP Recommended

Hi SJTrainer,

I understand you've been experiencing issues with your Photosmart 5515 printer not printing all the colors/black ink properly. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening, but I will do my best to help.

This document will walk you through several steps to hopefully get the black and color ink flowing properly in your printer. One other thing that this document doesn't ask is plugging the printer directly to a wall outlet. I'd suggest you do that as well just to be sure it's not a power issue.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.