Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm using a OfficeJet Pro 8710 since many years and even the scan-to-mail function a few times a month to send scans to several destinations. This has worked fine the first years (2017 till ~ 2020). Since then fitful the error occurs "Server Error - Try again later" occurs. Via Web Interface a test E-Mail is even not possible. Here a message "Error on SMTP email server. The server is down or busy. Try again later. Click "OK" to return." occures.

The solution was to do a semi-full reset. Thereafter it was working fine for some months but now this solution is not working anymore. Any suggestions? I'm using the german provider web.de 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your provider may have changed the SMTP protocol due to security concerns.

I looked over at web.de and found the following setup 

https://www.bitrecover.com/imap-settings/web-de-mail/

if you recently enabled two factor authentication then you cannot use your web.de password.  You must use the app password described.

If a problem you might be better off contacting ah HP or Web.de rep

HP:  Click here for world-wide contact info

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello BeemerBiker,

thanks for reply. I have not changed  web.de security in the last months and two-factor-authentification is disabled...

I also tried now the non-secure Port 465 which leads to the same error message...

Is there an option to use a **bleep** account? I know that I have activated two-factor over there and have to use a application password or something else? Is there a tutorial out?

HP Recommended

I guess I found a solution for the moment. Switched to **bleep**.com as the "sending" Account and had to generate an App Password via google Login. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.