Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Prom MFP M281FDW
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Things I have done to try to resolve this problem:

I have done a hard restart

I have uninstalled all software and reinstalled (per hp help suggestion)

I have installed the firmware security update

I have installed all new toner cartridges (aftermarket)

None of this has resolved the problem.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@stevencorrenti, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the exact error on the printer screen?

HP cannot guarantee the functionality of non-HP ink toners. It may or may not work. 

Kindly refer to this document for more info on resolving supply error - 10.xx and Supplies Messages

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

KUMAR0307,

I am having same issue now after I installed the update the printer was saying was available. Is there a way to go back to the software that was working? The only difference from the original post is my computer is a Windows 10 64 bit operating system.

HP Recommended

@lockdoctor

There is no option to downgrade the printer firmware.

Are you using non-HP ink cartridges?

If yes, and the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have gone through all the online suggestions none of them help.

The printer was working fine until HP pushed a firmware update to the printer and now it will not work.  Also when I purchased the printer nowhere was it mentioned that the printer would not work unless you use HP's $400 ink vs other vendors $150. You don't require me to use HP paper so why do I have to use HP ink?

Anyway HP pushed an update to my printer that caused it not to work.  So I'd like HP to resolve this problem by putting my printer back into the state it was before the update.  Or HP can provide me with their genuine in at a reasonable price.

Look forward to getting this resolved, right now my printer is useless.

HP Recommended

@stevencorrenti

I understand. As mentioned in my previous post, please contact HP Technical Support team for further assistance or service options.

keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you provide me with a phone number to reach them at, I have tried going through the website and virtual agent and just keep getting pushed back to online help FAQ's

Thanks

HP Recommended

@stevencorrenti

I have sent you a private message with the contact information. Kindly check the same. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Very frustrating! Can you please send me the same link? 

HP Recommended

Hello,
Kindly check your INBOX [ click on the ENVELOPE icon on top-right corner of this page ] to access steps that should fix.
Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.