Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please help me, why the magenta color is not working while the yellow and blue is working, everytime I print colored documents it always come out green color, what should I need to to? my cartridge is still full level

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cleoliz,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3788 All-in-One Printer is not printing magenta correctly and instead produces green when you expect red, it's likely an issue with the magenta ink cartridge or the print head. 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Ink Levels: Even though you mentioned the cartridge is still full level, it's still worth double-checking to ensure there's sufficient magenta ink.

Clean Print Head: Sometimes, the print head might get clogged, leading to improper ink distribution. You can try cleaning the print head through the printer's software utility. Here's how to do it:

• Open the HP printer software on your computer.
  • Go to "Printer Maintenance" or a similar option.
  • Look for a "Clean Print Heads" or "Clean Cartridges" option and follow the prompts to clean the print head.

Manual Cleaning: If the automatic cleaning doesn't work, you can try manually cleaning the print head. Here's a general guide:

• Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
  • Open the printer cover to access the ink cartridges.
  • Remove the magenta ink cartridge.
  • Dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water.
  • Gently wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge with the damp cloth.
  • Let the cartridge dry for a few minutes.
  • Reinsert the cartridge into the printer and close the cover.
  • Plug in the printer and turn it on.
  • Print a test page to see if the issue persists.

Replace Cartridge: If cleaning doesn't resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the magenta ink cartridge itself. Consider replacing the magenta cartridge with a new one and see if that solves the problem.

Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up-to-date. Sometimes, firmware updates address printing issues and improve overall performance. Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document: HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3788 All-in-One Printer
HP DeskJet 3700 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.