Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up my eprint account and I keep getting this error Ajax submit failed: error = 403, Forbidden what should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi WCP1023,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

There are several things that can be done to resolve this issue, but there is no one specific thing that resolves it for everyone. Here are some steps that have helped others:

1. Reboot your computer

2. Clear the cache on your browser

3. Use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)

4. Register from a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.)

Hope that helps...good luck!

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi WCP1023,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

There are several things that can be done to resolve this issue, but there is no one specific thing that resolves it for everyone. Here are some steps that have helped others:

1. Reboot your computer

2. Clear the cache on your browser

3. Use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)

4. Register from a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.)

Hope that helps...good luck!

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I too am receiving Ajax submit failed error 403 when trying to sign in.

Please advise what is wrong?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your very informative suggestions...     I could not get anywhere with HP support on the phone... the lady who "assisted" me didn't know a thing...   After following your suggestions, I was able to immediately create an account for Web Services... Thanks very much...

HP Recommended

thanks for your suggestions, they worked perfectly...

HP Recommended

This is not a solution....none of it works.

Got the "ajax submit failed: error = 403, forbidden" error when using Firefox or Waterfox (the 64 bit version of Firefox).

Did not get the error with IE.

The problem is with the HP servers...they need to be adjusted to see thew URL coming in from other browers other than IE.

HP Recommended
I had the same problem, go to network sEttinger from the wifi connection page, scroll down and click the box that says allow internet sign in to connect
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.