Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Smart

I can't sign in to HP Smart on my tablet. I have completely uninstalled the app. Made sure I have the latest version. Tried firefox browser as the KB suggests and no luck. I keep getting error code OW_500_OWSID00001. It says to contact HP support but no such thing exists. This communities I keep finding questions that never got a satisfactory resolution.  Here are the specs of my device.

Galaxy Tab S4

Android 10

HP Smart Version 16.0.0.4184 (It is the latest version available on playstore)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mrgood718 

Welcome to the HP support community

I understand that you are getting HP Smart app login issues, I am glad to assist you.

• Devices using the Samsung browser, change the browser privacy settings to allow the HP Smart app to open a browser window.
  • Restart your mobile device, and make sure it is connected to the internet.
  • Open the Samsung browser, and then tap the Menu icon in the bottom right.
  • Tap Privacy, and then disable Block pop-ups.
  • Tapping the Block pop-ups toggle off
  • Open the HP Smart app, and then sign in to or create an account.
  • If you can sign in, you are done troubleshooting.
  • If you cannot sign in to or create an account, continue with these steps.
  • Install the Firefox app from your app store.
  • Change the default browser to Firefox.
  • In Android, open the Settings app.
  • Search for and open the Default apps or Default browser menu, and then select Firefox in the list.
  • Open the HP Smart app, and then sign in to or create an account.
  • After the printer setup is complete and you can sign in, change the default browser back to your preferred settings.

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.