Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

My Officejet Pro 6978 printer has the built-in capability to make duplex (2-sided) copies of originals. However, it appears that recent software or firmware updates have disabled the ability to scan 2-sided copies and save them to the computer. I believe that I used to be able to do that. My printer is connected to my network by an Ethernet cable and the Ethernet Summary shows the printer connected to my computer as a Bonjour printer. However, when I press on Scan, then Computer (or use the Scan to Computer shortcut), it says No Computer Found and says "the HP recommended software is required for this feature" and gives me instructions to download the HP Utility and go to the Scan Settings. Apparently the HP Utility is not compatible either with macOS 12  or with my Apple Silicon Mac; I can't install it. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What error do you get? I am wondering if the secondary backside scanner has failed and that is why it will not duplex.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I did not correctly ask my question and have re-posted an edited version. Thanks. Maybe you can help with the new question about scanning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.