Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 6950
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Fax error 388 hp officejet 6950 I can not send it
You can help me thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @Valter1961 - Greetings!

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance 🙂

I see that you are having trouble faxing and getting a 388-error code. As per http://hp.care/2s0Qd3L the error 388 specifies to static telephone line. Please check with the telephone provider to improve the line condition.

Once done, you can run a fax test to determine the issue:

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch Fax, swipe up, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools.

3. Touch Test Fax.

The printer displays the status of the test and then prints a report.

4. Wait while the printer prints the Fax Test Report.

5. Review the report.

• If the report indicates the printer passed the test and you still have problems faxing, check the fax settings listed in the report to make sure the settings are correct. A blank or incorrect fax setting can cause problems with faxing.

• If the report indicates the printer failed the test, review the report for more information about fixing the problem.

If there are any issues notified while running the test, go to http://hp.care/2s0phRq and follow the steps listed under “FAQ” section – “I cannot send or receive faxes. What should I do?”.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am not certain if the matter of the error involves the actual line, a home/office (Sprint Phone Connect), or not; however, I have been in dialog with Sprint, after having done several of the HP Fax Tests, and am attempting to get resolve from someone with any techinval expertise to help do so. The HP Fax Testing has passed 5 out of the 7 tests I have done, while utilizing that architecture. Each attempt I make at faxing results in Error Code 344 and stipulates/states the following:

A communication error occurred during the fax transmission. If you're sending, try again and/or call to make sure the recipient's fax machine is ready to receive faxes. If you're receiveing, contact the initiator and ask them to send the document again.

The recipient of my fax attempts have all been to Embry Riddle Aeronotical University and their dedicated recipient fax machine was verified with multiple faxing coming from other initiators; however, my attempts are continuously getting this response. Any assistance in having resolution with this is appreciated.

Best regards,

Louis Miller

HP Recommended

hp office jet pro 8710

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.