Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 250
Other

Hi,

A couple days ago my printer stopped to send the scans via the email server. Says that the username or password is incorrect. After the login to the webservices and entering the credentials again and trying to save (and test) the system says the the credentials are incorrect. The email I have been using was a gmail one, I deleted and tried to set it up again, but the problem was still the credentials, tried with a yahoo email address and the result was the same.

It used to work perfect in the last 2 years and stopped currently, I work on a company computer where I can't install any softwares, so the printer have to send me the scans via email, I don't have any other option.

Thank you in advance for the help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @limpi,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand that you need help with the Scan to email option on your printer. So as you mentioned there are some issues with the credentials, so kindly follow the below instructions:

Steps:

1.  Select Web Services on the front panel., then Settings.
  2.  Select 'remove web services' and wait for the services to be eliminated.
  3.  Once this is complete, you will return to the home page.
  4.  Select the Web Services icon on the printer and go through the steps to set up Web Services once again.
  5. You will be provided a more recent code. Later on, you can utilize this code to add the printer to your eprintcenter.com/hpconnected.com account utilizing this code.
  6.  You may or may not be required to create a different email address.
  7.  Try another scan to email utilizing the app.

If the issue still persists then try the below steps:

• When adding your email account to the scan to email feature on the printer control panel, the email server blocks access to your email account and one of the following error messages might display:
  • **bleep** requires an additional security step. Please check your email security settings online.
  • The email or password that was entered is not working. Please try again.
  • The SMTP server uses an authentication method that is not supported. Try a different server.
  • Authentication failure SMTP: SMTP server does not support authentication.
  • Cannot resolve the SMTP server. Check the SMTP and DNS server settings with your system administrator or Internet Service Provider.
  • Some email account service providers, such as Google or Yahoo, block access by third-party apps for security reasons. To allow the scan to email feature access to your email account, go to your email account service provider for detailed steps.

NOTE:

If you turned on two-step authentication, you must create an application password for the scan to email feature to access to your email account. See your email account provider for more information.

• **bleep**: Go to Allowing less secure apps to access your account (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Yahoo: Go to Ways to securely access Yahoo Mail (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Other email accounts: From a trusted device, sign in to your email account. Go to your account settings, search for authentication, SMTP, or security, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up access for the scan to email feature.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.