Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus on Windows 8 OS 

Will print from computer; will scan documents & save to computer; will NOT copy document on the unit.

Shut down printer; unplugged from wall and back of unit; held on/off button for 60 seconds; plugged back in; started unit.

Placed document on glass; hit copy; hit black; Unit pulls sheet of paper; unit scans document (squeaks while scanning); after period of time, it spits out paper & reads "copy cancelled", but does not clear or return to home screen.

HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check your private message inbox for the reset I'm going to send you.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check your private message inbox for the reset I'm going to send you.

HP Recommended

I've got he same problem with the sqeaks.  Happens during scanning, or after printing when the unit is resetting the print heads to the default position. 

I've tried the hard reset using the 30 seconds of no power, but it didn't have any effect.

purchased the unit in Early June 2013

HP Recommended

@galdad, please check your private message inbox. 

HP Recommended

Copies great now.  Thank you!!  The noises on the other hand sound terrible like it is on its last leg.  Actually sounds like it needs oiled.  Embarrassing when you have a customer waiting for a copy of something.

Again, thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

No problem. Glad I could help you resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. I haven't been able to print from my mac so I was at least trying to use the copy functionality. It's as if I have no ink. The pages flow through but they are blank.  The printer acknowledges that ink levels are full and I can see the preview on the screen but nothing comes through to the paper.

Any ideas? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@littletoro , please check your private message inbox.

HP Recommended

Is there anything I can do to make the printer stop squealing when using copy or scan?

HP Recommended

@AbsoluteCDC , please check your private message inbox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.