Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you revolutionx, i had to download netcat for windows.

It worked fine, after i copied the ncat.exe and the firmware in the same folder i was able to send the firmware via cmd-line "ncat.exe 192.168.xxx.xxx 8861 < c:/ firmware.bdl" to the scanner.

It has started to clean the disk an creating lots of files. It was taking about 1 1/2 up to 2 hours to complete the process.

But after all it still says "Disk not bootable, please download firmware" so i think the disk is really broken and i have to change it....

But could this eventuelly help on other scanjet 7000s? Maybe with "Device Errors" such as 49.30.07 and so on?

Thank you very much for your help. 

You were the first one who could tell me how to download the firmware like this!

Edit: Did not read your last post.....i have a firmware only with about 160mb....i will try yours too. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Revolutionx,

OK, so I got the fBDL file to load, and it's now getting thru to 3/7 and erroring out there. It's reporting that C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPGinaStub.dll failed to load. I want to re-try loading the firmware, but I haven't been able to get back to the mainscreen, yet.

LGz

HP Recommended

Hold ESC immediately after you power the unit on, this will bring you to the pre-boot menu.

Wipe the drive (in the admin menu) and start over, that should solve your issue.  Once the scanner detects a fresh firmware download it should start installing all of the required files. The process should take thirty minutes total and the scanner will reboot a handful of times

If you see the same error a second time, load this patch with netcat: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3948692&swItemId=cs_82222_12&swEnvOid=54

HP Recommended

Some great lessons learned here! After I deleted the partition again, and reloaded the first BDL file, the ScanJet went through it reboots and, just like you said, about half an hour later, the system was restored to full operational capability! Many thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

this is great El_jeezy!

Coul´d you please describe a bit more how you did it?

You have deleted the partitions in the prebboot menu, right?

Did you also use "clean encrypted disk"?

Which FW did you load to the device? The small upgrade-one or the big one? I was using only the sj7000nI_fw_2204081_233277.zip but this does not work for my device....

Thank you for that!

HP Recommended
If you clean the partition you're going to have to use the large firmware file the other one is just a patch.

If somebody who is trying this process could put up a couple of pictures of the message is displayed on their Scanjet. Process it would be nice.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended
I will do that next week.
HP Recommended

Here are the promised pictures. 

(Sorry for the poor quality) :smileyembarrassed:

1. Hold "abort" Button while powering on. Then you see the preboot menu.

IMG_20151120_113604.jpg

2. Go to administrator tools and configure the network adresses. 

IMG_20151120_113635.jpg

3. Select "download firmware". The following is displaying:

IMG_20151120_113652.jpg

4. Configure you pc´s ip and test the connection:

IMG_20151120_113845.jpg

5. Start the downloading like in the picture above. (i renamed the fw-file to "full" because it was easier to write)

IMG_20151120_113909.jpg

I hope this helps, but in my case i can upload the lage (full) FW and the device starts again. But after upgrading the FW to the actual one, the device comes up with an device error 49.38.xx.....Maybe it´s the hard disk that is defective?

HP Recommended
I can't see the pictures yet, somebody at hp has to approve them first.

After the full firmware package was successfully installed you should have applied the patch with the machine in a ready stay and through the embedded web server.

I think you if you applied to the patch while in the pre boot menu it would it have overwritten the full firmware package.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

If you get the 49.38.xx error after an update, just keep clicking the 'restart' button until it clears the error. It might take 4-5 reboots before the error resolves itself. There's a bug with the installer I think, but our units have been solid after us manually rebooting them a few times.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.