Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OJP 7740
Chrome OS

I'd like to use the scanner feature on my OJP 7740 from my Chromebook.  I can't find the proper tool!  I'd like to scan from the ADF, save to my Google Drive, and possibly run OCR.

Can this be done?  HP Cloud Print, works but doesn't have the scan feature, that I've found...

Suggestions? 

TY  VM

JLH

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JoelinIowa

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "How to scan from Chromebook" issue. 

Follow the instruction below-

Access the Webscan feature in the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) to save scans to a Chromebook.

1. Connect the printer to the same wireless network that the Chromebook is connected to.

• Printers with touchscreen or text-based menus: Select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu to start the Wireless Setup Wizard. When prompted, select the name of your local network, and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter the network password to complete the connection.

• Printers with buttons only: Press and hold the Wireless button for at least 3 seconds or until the light starts blinking, and then press the WPS button on the router. When the wireless light on the printer is solid, the connection is complete.

2. Obtain the printer's IP address, the unique identification number assigned to the printer on the network.

On printers with touchscreen or menu-based control panels, find the IP address in the Wireless menu or in network settings. For printers without a control panel menu, print a network configuration page to obtain the IP address.

Example of the IP address on a printer control panel

3. Type the IP address in the Chrome browser address line, and then press Enter to open the printer Embedded Web Server (EWS).

Example of an IP address entered into the Chrome address bar

4. Click Scan in the top menu.

A 'You cannot use this function because it has been disabled' message displays.

Webscan error displays in the EWS

5. Click Settings in the top menu, click Security, and then click Administrator Settings.

A message displays that you are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled page. Click OK or Redirect to HTTPS.

6. If a 'Your connection is not private' message displays, click Advanced, and then click Proceed to [Printer IP address].

7. In the Administrator Settings, select the box next to Webscan or Webscan from EWS, click Apply, and then click OK.

8. Return to the Scan menu, select from the available scan settings, and then click Start Scan.

Scanned item in Webscan

9. Right-click the scanned item, and then click Save as to select the file type, name, and destination folder or cloud-based service.

You can refer to  How to Scan (Chromebooks) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.