Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7602 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, can somebody advise please how to enable "Scan to computer" option on the brand new HP Smart Tank 7600? I finished the initial setup and now cannot save files to my PC. I do have HP Smart app installed. Here is the screenshot. Thanks! scan.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @us_dba ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try this solution here: How can I scan from the printer EWS? 

This additional information can be helpful: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2275901-2074064-16

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Hi Andr-1611, thanks for the links! I searched through all these articles, but couldn't find a solution. 

I will try to rephrase my question. I assume that I should be able to scan a document on the HP Smart Tank 7600 without launching any application, just by using the menu on the printer.
When I select the 'Scan' command on the menu, three options appear: 'Email', 'Network Folder', and 'USB Drive'. How can I save the file to the computer?111.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

have you read this?

How can I scan from the printer EWS?

For scan-enabled printers, you can scan documents and photos using WebScan over a network connection. No additional software or drivers are required.

How to Scan from an HP Chromebook
Learn how to scan documents and photos from an HP printer to your Chromebook.

1. Place the original on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).

CAUTION:

The ADF mechanism can damage photos. To copy or scan photos, use an alternate method, such as the scanner glass or your mobile device camera with the HP Smart app.

2. Make sure your printer is connected to the same network as your device.

3. Choose one of the following methods to open the advanced settings for your printer.

• HP Smart app: Click the image of your printer to open the settings and management tools, and then click Advanced Settings under Settings.

• Printer EWS: Open the HP printer Embedded Web Server (EWS) using the printer IP address.

4. If you are prompted to log in or enter the printer PIN, enter admin for the username (HP LaserJets only), enter the PIN from the printer label, and then click Submit or OK. This label is typically located inside the cartridge access area or printer door.

Andr1611_5-1712952797311.jpeg

5. Click Scan. A You cannot use this function because it has been disabled message displays.

Andr1611_4-1712952737294.jpeg

6. Click Settings > Security > Administrator Settings.

7. If you are prompted to go to a secure HTTPS-enabled webpage, click OK or Redirect to HTTPS.

8. If a Your connection is not private message displays, click Advanced > Proceed to [Printer IP address].

9. In the Administrator Settings, locate and select the box next to WebScan or WebScan from EWS, click Apply > OK.

10. Return to the Scan menu, select the scan preferences, click Start Scan, and then follow the instructions to save the scan.

Andr1611_6-1712952833131.jpeg

Kind Regards
Andr-1611

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you, this did enable the "Scan to Computer" option in the HP Smart app, and it now works. Additionally, there is also the HP Scan app available for download, which doesn't require all of these manipulations with the security settings. However, I still cannot scan a document and save it to the computer using just the menu on the printer. Unbelievable

HP Recommended

@us_dba 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

Curious -- Does your EWS look more similar to the example (below)?

If yes,

Then the how-to scan document -- at this writing -- is perhaps not yet updated to explain this EWS format.

In EWS,

Create a Quick Set for Scan to Network folder -- and yes, you can configure the destination folder to be a folder on your computer.

Check / Adjust the Scan to Network folder defaults -- this is perhaps odd when you are using a Quick Set to manage the job.  That said, and just starting out, perhaps it's good to have defaults that match the Quick Set.

Presumably, once the Quick Set is created and tested clean, you can use "Scan to Network Folder" on your printer.

Example - EWS - Scan to Network Folder

EWS_9135_Quick_Sets_Network_Folder_OneDrive_1EWS_9135_Quick_Sets_Network_Folder_OneDrive_1

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.