Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp oj pro 8600 plus n911g CM750A
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hi, cannot receive fax on all in one.
The sender connects but it fails...tried 4x.

I have the fax setup to auto receive.. "on".
Receive voice mail on same phone line.

Can you assist my issue? Thank you.

Maltesem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Maltesem,

Thanks for replying.

Do you have a shared or separate fax line?

Click on the below link to set up the fax.

Getting Started Guide page 9

Let me know how it works.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Maltesem,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are unable to receive FAX.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you able to send a fax?

Have you tried to changing fax settings?

Run a fax test report to determine the faxing status on the printer and whether or not it is configured correctly to send and receive faxes.

1. Load U.S. Letter or A4-sized plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow ().

3. Touch Setup ().

4. Touch Tools, and then touch Run Fax Test. The printer displays the status of the test and then prints a report.

5. Review the report.

• If the results of the fax test are All Pass, skip to the solution to configure the fax for sending and receiving..

• If the fax test indicates that it does not detect a phone line or a dial tone, continue to the next solution to check the fax connections.

Click here for further assistance.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi RaJ, I followed your instructions. Ran a test fax ...phone cord connected to the port labeled 2-EXT on back of hp and it FAILED.

The explanation is to remove the phone cord from port labeled 2-EXT and connect it to the port 1-Line.

Problem is Spectrum is connected to PORT 1-LINE which connects to its Spectrum modem box labeled 1-LINE, the wireless phone is connected to 2-EXT, WHICH IS INCORRECT. I did switch the wires just now ...the phone line to 1-line and Specturum to 2-EXT and it throws out the phone with no dial tone. Spectrum set this up a few weeks ago when we didn't have phone service.  I just switched wires back, so we would have landline service.

I dont know what to do because I always had TW cable with no problem faxing with the same hp printer, etc. There are 2 Spectrum modems one for telephone and the other for cable, which I also had for TW.

Can you advise further Raj.

Thanks,

Maltesem

HP Recommended

Hi @Maltesem,

Thanks for replying. 

Please connecting the phone chord to Line1 and connect Two conductor cable to the Line2 EXT

Restart the fax machine, and run the fax test.

Let me the results.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Raj, as I explained, if I connect the phone to line 1 there is no landline (no dial tone). Spectrum has that line 1 and line 1 to its cable modem.

What is Two conductor cable to Line 2 EXT?

It's not a fax machine ...it's an HP All in one not separate fax machine.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Maltesem
HP Recommended

Hi @Maltesem,

Thanks for replying.

Do you have a shared or separate fax line?

Click on the below link to set up the fax.

Getting Started Guide page 9

Let me know how it works.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Thanks Raj...everything is good fax should be working.
HP Recommended

@Maltesem,

Hurray!!! 

I'm delighted to hear that it's working!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉  

Cheers;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.