Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5230 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I choose to scan from the control panel, the aforementioned MFP doesn't wait for the user to let him change the page/sheet from the glass, even if the dialog windows are correct! Is that a bug?!?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@JKandy-drew, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to scan multiple pages from the printer screen. Have you tried doing this from the computer using the HP software and check if that works?

Do you have the full-featured printer driver installed on the computer? The HP printer assistant.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307, yes, doing it from PC everything is fine about scanning multiple pages.
And, yes, I have the full-featured driver on my PC.
I had already updated the printer firmware to 2204A version, using the printer control panel itself.

The issue is just in the scanning from printer control panel, as I said in the opening post of this thread.

HP Recommended

@JKandy-drew

In this case, we will have to restore the printer to its factory settings and check if that helps.

On the printer, go to Setup > Tools > Restore to factory settings

Note: All the settings on the printer will be deleted and you will have to re setup.

I have sent you a private message with a set of instructions to perform a semi-full reset in case the above did not help. Kindly check the same, this might help you to resolve this issue. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307
I have tried to restore the printer to factory settings, but it didn't help.
I have not received your private message in my inbox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.