Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows Vista

When I scan a legal size document on the auto feed it does not scan the whole page.  Is there something I can do to make it scan the whole document?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the HP Officejet Pro 8600 software click on Scana  document or Photo and select the required scan shortcut.

Ensure the Paper Size is set as Legal, then press the Scan button to complete your scan.

Regrds,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @Kenneth0424,

Thanks for using the HP forum and apologies to jumping here.

For legal size scanning, please use the Scan Glass.

Believe that the ADF does not support Legal size scans.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

That's not the problem I am having.  If I scan a legal document, it doesn't scan the whole document.  It cuts off the bottom of the document. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Kenneth0424

Have you installed the FULL feature software?

If you have not, please do so.

After you have installed the FULL feature software, start up the Scan software. (click on teh icon on the desktop to bring up teh HP Printer Assistant > go to Scan)

Make sure the Scan Size is set to "Entire Scan area" or even "Legal".  Example shown below:

Scan Size.jpg

Try scanning again.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

The scan glass is not legal size.  I can print legal size documents but just won't scan them.  I thought that when I fed it through the top that it would scan the whole document.  This is an 8600.  I have had it for 4 1/2 years and I assumed that I did install all of the software.

HP Recommended

Hi @Kenneth0424,

Printer specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-plus-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322...

http://www.papersizes.org/a4-foolscap-letter.htm

8.5 x 14 is the maximum scan size on the Scan glass which is Legal size?

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Do you have a link or can you clarify FULL feature software?  I don't believe that's installed on my printer because my screen doesn't have all the configuration options your picture displays.

HP Recommended

Hi @SEEKINGRESOLVE,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.