Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@Eli6645 You are totally right. Nothing to do with OS or router config. All that is working fine, just the HP server dropped Shortcuts from its side in terms of being able to access them from an HP printer. Amusingly still can access them from HPSMART and use that to control the printer. What a lame workaround. If HP really wants to be SMART, they should address this instead of playing ostrich with their heads in the sand. Sorry to be snarky, but it's mega-frustrating to lose what was convenient and functional. . . and part of why I bought the dang printers in the first place!!

HP Recommended

Mine seem to have stopped working also. Was fine a couple of months ago. Following for a solution to the main reason I got this printer in the first place. 

HP Recommended

Seriously crew, where is HP here? This is a major feature of the 8000 and 9000 Office Jet All in Ones. If it has been removed or something glitchy has happened on the server side, HP owes it to those of us who bought the machines in part for their ease of use in this regard. Either come on the forum and say we know there's a problem but we can't or won't fix it, or we're planning to get rid of the shortcuts in favor of the "Apps" tile (which has a scan and upload which is way less functional and requires PIN login each time with no capacity for resolutions higher than 150 and won't do 2 sided from the glass, only from the feeder. Really, HP, you're a great company so act accordingly!!

HP Recommended

Well said @Obladi007. You summarized it all. My research tells me the problem lies with the shortcut feature on the device not able to connect to the HP shortcut webservice. One would think it would not be that hard to resolve if someone took a look at it. 

HP Recommended

Agree. Not sure how to escalate this. I tried through support by phone but kept getting re-routed from initial rep who said they were only “windows” to second (snarky) rep who was only”Mac” and then sent me supposedly to a “cloud” rep who said he was only “windows,” so I hung up. What a joke. The whole thing has nothing to do with the choice of operating system. If anyone has a way to bring this to the attention of a sentient being in HP please do it!! Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and started another post before I found yours: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Wireless-Networking-Internet/No-Longer-Can-Access-HP-Smart-Sho...

I've had 2 days of 90+ minute calls with HP Support and they have mostly failed to grasp the problem. I think we may have gotten closer to them realizing this is a more complex issue instead of trying to troubleshoot my computer. I can see that the issue is due to my account not being synced to the printer in the shortcuts setting in EWS -> Scan -> Shortcuts -> Accounts. I found a similar post where this occurred: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Shortcuts-on-printer-cannot-be-activate.... One user in that forum also worked with Support and eventually got a firmware update.

With so many people experiencing this, I'm not sure if a firmware update will be needed - hopefully it's a server-side issue. Anyway, I hope we can all get this issue resolved. 

HP Recommended

Same here (HP OJP9015), started a few days ago. Shortcuts are key to me. So when HP won't sort this out within a few days, I will have to buy another printer.

HP Recommended

Same situation for me, just found this thread. Main feature for me as well, just stopped working and no way to fix it. HP get your act together!

HP Recommended

This is an absolute SHAM!

I bought this printer mainly for this feature and then I bought it for my 87 year old mothervwho lives alone only for this feature! So that she can scan letters which she gets by post directly to me through the shortcut feature.

HP suddenly decided to remove a MAIN FEATURE from a pro series printer!

I don't get any answers from HP.

HP, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

For me from now on HP is a NO NO!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY HP!

SHAME ON YOU, HP!

HP Recommended

I just got off my 5th or 6th hour+ long call with HP Support. I shared with them these posts and they told me that everyone's issue was resolved by the steps they've taken on my case (which has mostly involved resetting my printer multiple times, removing it from my HP account entirely, adding it back, disabling and enabling settings multiple times). I figured I would reach back out here and see if you guys really do have your issue resolved, or if you simply had to give up trying. I don't want to drop more money on another printer when everything about this one is perfectly fine except for the primary feature I use - Shortcuts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.