Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your persistence. I've not had my problem solved despite doing that a whole bunch of times. Is your model a 9000 series? I have two of them and both the same baloney. My 8000 model connects to the web server like a champ -- no problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, mine is a 9015. I think it was a firmware update. I wish there was a way for me to roll back. I also use HP Instant Ink - not sure if that's a common denominator for others. The only other thing I see is that no matter what, no matter how many resets, syncs, etc. we do, the shortcuts never show up in Advanced Settings here: 

curtisthefox_1-1713385243510.png

HP Recommended

Has anyone with a 9000 series had this problem solved?? Please let us know if you have!!

HP Recommended

Same for me -- it is clear that the web server is not syncing with HP side server on this item. Someone must have miscued the field for it on the last firmware update and they are either too dim or uncaring to rectify it. Is there no HP presence on this forum to actually attend to this????

HP Recommended

No fix yet on my side. I've used shortcuts every day and losing this feature is losing a key functionality of the printer. The whole situation is unacceptable and a huge embarrassment for HP. I'll give up on HP and will switch to another manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Adding to the chorus of 9000-series users with this issue.

Mine is an OfficeJet Pro 9010 (P/N 1KR55D).

Firmware MANHTNPP1N002.2329B.00 (July 22, 2023)

Also on HP Instant Ink plan.

Shortcuts work fine from windows, android and iOS apps

But they do not sync to the printer itself.

As observed by others, in the EWS of the printer, in Scan -> Shortcuts, no accounts are listed.

Does seem like something has changed with HP account and/or server authentication/settings, which are probably hardcoded in the printer firmware...

Fortunately for us it's not essential to have shortcuts on the printer but would be more convenient for sure.

HP Recommended

Same here not resolved with 2 printers model OfficeJet Pro 9010 in 2 different locations.

Unfortunately for us the shortcut is - or should I say was - a very essential function.

HP Recommended

Want to add to the list of users having the same issue. 9018 model

HP Recommended

HP moderator if there is such a thing PLEASE SEE THIS AND ALERT HP TO SEND NEW FIRMWARE ENABLING SHORTCUTS AGAIN ON THE 9000 ALL IN ONE SERIES!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @eli6645,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9013 printer. If you've already tried a factory reset and are still encountering the "connection problem" message when using shortcuts, there are a few more steps you can try.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Check Network Connection:

• Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Verify that your Wi-Fi network is working and that other devices can connect to it without issues.

Restart Printer and Router:

• Turn off your printer and unplug it from power.
  • Restart your Wi-Fi router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
  • Wait for the router to fully restart.
  • Plug in your printer and turn it back on.
  • Allow the printer to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9013.
  • You can usually find firmware updates on the HP Support website. Download and install any available updates following the instructions provided.

Check Printer Settings:

• On the printer's control panel, navigate to the network settings.
  • Verify that the Wi-Fi settings are correct and that it is connected to the correct network.

Printer Email Address:

• Some HP printers, including the OfficeJet Pro series, use an email address to enable printing via email or cloud services.
  • Ensure that the printer's email address is correctly set up and that you can access it if needed.

HP Smart App:

• Install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or computer.
  • Use the app to manage your printer settings, check ink levels, and troubleshoot connectivity issues.

Additional Tips:

• Make sure your printer is within the range of your Wi-Fi router for a stable connection.
  • Double-check any firewall or security settings on your network that might be blocking the printer's connection.

Hopefully, one of these steps helps resolve the issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9013!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.