Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I’m glad to have gotten an HP employee’s eyes on this but you have totally missed the point. I have OfficeJet Pro 9015 and 9018 both of which were working well with full functionality in December 2023. Sometime around February an automatic firmware change occurred which resulted in loss of the Shoetcuts ability to communicate with the Webserver from the printer. This is NOT A NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEM!!!! All other internet connected aspects including Apps, email to the printer etc are working fine. So no, resetting the router won’t do anything. I have reset the printer. I have de-enrolled it and re-enrolled it in HP smart. I have the most up to date version of HP Smart. I have gone to the HP website which tells me there is a firmware version for the 9015 dated late March 2024 but the one I have is dated in 2023. When I say Check for firmware update” on the printer it tells me it is up to date. If I download the newer firmware to my Mac and try to install the program says there is no update to install. Something at the HP server side has broken the link to the shortcuts app on the 9000 series so please address that and also why the newer firmware won’t install on the printer. Probably part of the same problem. 

HP Recommended

As replied by Obladi007 you have totally missed the point of our posts!

I have already tried all the above-mentioned steps and it has not helped.

I’m glad to have gotten an HP employee’s eyes on this but you have totally missed the point. I have 2 OfficeJet Pro 9010, both of which were working well with full functionality in December 2023. Sometime around February an automatic firmware change occurred which resulted in loss of the Shortcuts ability to communicate with the Webserver from the printer. This is NOT A NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEM!!!! All other internet connected aspects including Apps, email to the printer etc are working fine. So no, resetting the router won’t do anything. I have reset the printer. I have de-enrolled it and re-enrolled it in HP smart. I have the most up to date version of HP Smart. I have the latest firmware version. Something at the HP server side has broken the link to the shortcuts app on the 9000 series so please address that.

HP Recommended

Hi @Obladi007,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support  

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Interesting that you're answering to Obladi007 first since I'm the one who opened this chat.

Moreover I find it a pity that you want to do this via private chat since it's an issue for many people as you can see.

HP Recommended

But if that's the way you want to go about it then please send me a private chat too.

HP Recommended

Hi, I believe a better alternative would be to provide a solution for everyone who is affected by the same problem that @Obladi007 is mentioning. 

@Alden4, once you have solved this for @Obladi007, maybe you can reach out to the rest of us also to help us too.

@Obladi007, would you mind reporting back to this thread when you have been helped so we know that it in fact solved the problem? Would be really appreciated by everyone in this thread.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Alden4  Appreciate the help and will look at your message, but there are many of us in the same boat, so it would be best if HP could push out a solution which would, in the words of Steve Jobs, "Just Work" for everyone with an HP series 9000 All in one.

HP Recommended

@Alden4 No messages in my Private Message box!!

HP Recommended

@Alden4 

Never got a private message from you. Please, please understand that this is not a net connectivity issue. That's all working fine. This is a specific issue with the HP server side not communicating the information necessary to continue the Shortcut functionality on the HP 9010 Series all in Ones. Everything else working fine. Would be happy to have a one on one interaction, and have tried to do that multiple times with HP service but they appeared not to understand in the least and kept shunting it between their "Mac" team and "cloud" team each of which knew less than the other. I'm amazed that at a company as big and with such a great reputation as HP no one can stand up and say "We decided to discontinue that function," or "we didn't realize it was broken, let's see what we can do to fix it." Just a lot of lame stuff about rebooting the router which is working fine and so are all the other internet connected aspects of the printer. Please address this if you are really an HP employee.  Thanks,  Jim

HP Recommended

Same here. There is clearly a communication break between the HP Printer and the WebServer!!

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I look at the shortcuts tab in my web server.Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 11.35.05 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.