Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I am another poor soul that has exactly the same problem. I have been online with HP support for the last 4 hours who made me do all  nonsense things. They said I needed to install a driver, when I clearly told them that drivers are for PCs to use the printer not for a printer! They were adamant and said it is because I am using a mac, the problem is there! They made me borrow a "Windows Laptop" (which I do not use) saying "If you have a windows laptop right now I can solve it right now" and basically made me install HP Smart App and them made me reset everything and came back to the same problem. After 4 hours they even had the guts to say (in grammatically incorrect English): "I am really sorry but your printer do not support this feature. I sent to you the list of the printers who does." For God's sake, I have been using this feature for 2 years and now they say my printer does not support it!

HP Recommended

Really is time for HP to own up and say it has decided to stop supporting this feature in order to get as many people as possible to wallet dive for a new printer. It flabbergasts me to see that no HP rep has addressed this. I'm not even sure that @Alden4 (who initially offered to help me and then disappeared) is an actual HP employee, as he offered help and said there would be a private message in my inbox, but there never was.

HP Recommended

Hi @Obladi007,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your issue hasn't been resolved yet. I can imagine how frustrating that must be, especially after expecting a solution. I appreciate your patience, and I'm here to help get this sorted out as quickly as possible. 

I see most of the troubleshooting has been done already! 

A Shortcut might not run or fail for various reasons, such as poor network connectivity, printer errors, or file type issues.:

• The HP Smart app cancels the Shortcut automatically after 5 minutes if the issue is not resolved.
  • Common tips and tricks to help resolve the issue:
  • Connectivity issues: Use a local Wi-Fi connection. Cellular or remote Wi-Fi networks might be less stable.
  • Limited device or printer capabilities: Check to see if your printer supports the Shortcut settings. For example, the two-sided (duplex) setting is not supported on all printers or in iOS. For Windows, you might need to select two-sided printing manually from the printer software before running the Shortcut.
  • Junk or spam email filters: Check your junk or spam folders for the missing email. If the email is in either folder, change the filter settings to prevent the issue in the future or contact your email provider for help.
  • Printer errors: Clear any errors indicated on the printer or in the HP Smart app, such as low ink levels or a paper jam.
  • File type issues: Make sure the uploaded file type is supported, not too large, and not password protected.
  • macOS, Windows: JPG/JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF, PPT/PPTX, DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX
  • Android: JPG, PNG, PDF
  • iOS: JPG, PNG, PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS

I request you to first disable the web services: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04808536

Once done, Please perform a newtork reset: 

From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. Touch Yes. 5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done. Please enable the web services. https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05329102

You may find more instructions on shortcuts  in this link shortcuts :https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4129352-4129404-16

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel571,

I can't believe that you posted this response as a proposed solution. I have had similar irrelevant solutions proposed (and done in a remote session!) 
THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH EXECUTING A CERTAIN SHORTCUT OR A NETWORK ISSUE. The network is fine and all systems show as connected (in HP Account, in HP Instant Ink, everywhere). The problem is getting to Shortcut itself - The account linked to the shortcut has disappeared in web UI of the printer and whatever we do in HP Smart App, it is not being linked to the shortcut - This is specific to shortcut and not related to any other thing!

HP Recommended

As with all other HP help before this is totally off the point. The network connection with these printers for me and the others in this group with the Shortcut problem, is fine. All other web based functions are working including emailing to the printer and the "Apps" panel which can do some of the things Shortcuts can but not all and it is kludgy, Only the Shortcuts pane when pressed returns the messageIMG_4770.jpeg

All othe3r web services work fine. We have all tried the disable web services, restart it, make sure the HP"Smart" option showing enable Shortcuts on the printer is set up, etc, etc, and none of it has any effect. I have even gone through the tedious business of unenrolling one of my 9010 series printers from cloud services including having to cancel Instant Ink and buy 120 bucks of ink, re-enrolling again in cloud services resetting up the printer only to have the same problem. This occurred after a firmware "update" and I am sure if a coder at HP looks at this problem they will find there was an omission of the Shortcuts functionality after that firmware update and that a new firmware could solve this.

HP Recommended

@Rachel571

Please look again at this and address the issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

***HP UPDATE***

Hi everybody,

The issue has been reproduced and is being investigated,  We will update you as soon as it's resolved. 

Thanks for your patience and your attention.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Rodrigo, this is excellent news! FWIW, this has been reported in the following places as well: 

Same OfficeJet 9000 series, same behavior. We very much look forward to hearing about a fix!

HP Recommended

***HP UPDATE***

Hi everybody!

Just to let you all know that our team is still working on it and we'll keep you all updated as soon as we have new information to share.

Thanks for your patience and your attention.

Regards,

MayS. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@may S

Great news. Thanks to you. All of us are optimistically waiting for the fix. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.