Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
iOS

IMG_2548.png

 Everything was fine yesterday, today neither my Mac, iPhone or iPad detected the scan on my printer. I already tried connected direct with the cable, restart and also restar from factory mode , I watch videos of how to diagnose and print but seems like my printer is fine and connected to internet. However and after sped one day try to figure it out, I don’t know what happen with my printer (envy600) that I can only print but no scan 😞 . Sadly I needed to scan some documents to send to my boss. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Lashunv,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to experience trouble with your printer, especially when you need to scan important documents for work. Since you've already tried some troubleshooting steps like connecting directly with a cable, restarting, and even restoring factory settings without success, it might be helpful to try a few more advanced troubleshooting methods.

Here are some additional steps you could consider.

• Check Printer Software: Make sure that the printer software/drivers on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad are up to date. Sometimes outdated software can cause compatibility issues.
  • Check Network Connection: Even though your printer seems to be connected to the internet, it's worth double-checking the network connection settings on both your printer and your devices to ensure they are properly connected to the same network.
  • Restart Network Devices: Try restarting your router and modem to see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes a simple reset can fix connectivity issues.
  • Reinstall Printer Drivers: Uninstall the printer drivers from your devices and then reinstall them. This can sometimes resolve software-related issues.
  • Check Firewall/Antivirus Settings: Ensure that your firewall or antivirus software isn't blocking communication between your devices and the printer.
  • Reset Printing System: On your Mac, you can try resetting the printing system. Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, right-click in the printer list, and select "Reset printing system." This will remove all printers from your list, so you'll need to re-add them afterward.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and get your printer scanning again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.