Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3635

Hi, 

I just install my new Deskjet 3635 and when i try to scan, this happen: 

test.PNG

Any solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sthansio,

Good Day!! Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! I understand that you require assistance regarding scanning issues with the printer. It will be a delighted to assist you. 🙂

Spectacular understanding and commendable description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Have you bypassed power strips?
  • Did you perform a hard reset on the printer?
  • Did you make a few copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer?

For starters perform these steps.

Perform a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172313/... Please perform only step 6 from this link. Please bypass power strips.

• Now try to make a few copies directly from the printer: Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer. Please place the required document face down on the flatbed scanner and touch the copy button. If it copies fine, then the issue could be software related.

If the copy fails, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as it is a hardware issue with the scanner.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sthansio,

Good Day!! Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! I understand that you require assistance regarding scanning issues with the printer. It will be a delighted to assist you. 🙂

Spectacular understanding and commendable description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this:

• Have you bypassed power strips?
  • Did you perform a hard reset on the printer?
  • Did you make a few copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer?

For starters perform these steps.

Perform a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-DeskJet-Ink-Advantage-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172313/... Please perform only step 6 from this link. Please bypass power strips.

• Now try to make a few copies directly from the printer: Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer. Please place the required document face down on the flatbed scanner and touch the copy button. If it copies fine, then the issue could be software related.

If the copy fails, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as it is a hardware issue with the scanner.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally call to support and i found that's a hardware problem. Thanks for the help. 

HP Recommended

I reviewed the response comprehensively.  Thanks for the super quick reply. Superb job on trying out all the steps to isolate the issue correctly. :)y. It clearly establishes the fact that the printer is faulty. You've done an amazing job here. 🙂 Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

You need to contact HP phone support and get a replacement printer sent to you and I see that you've already done that.   

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 You've been simply marvelous to work with and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Thanks again for your wonderful time and for doing business with HP. 🙂

I genuinely hope the replaced unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂 I am really happy for you on that score that the issue is going to be resolved very soon. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helpsplease mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.