Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Won't copy what I've put on flatbed - always wants to pull through feeder.  cant' figure out how to tell it where to go?  there is a setting in the scan mode, but not the copy mode.  thanks.

HP Photosmart Premium C410

usine MacBook Pro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello shechris

If you open the ADF cover as per the instructions you should notice on the right side a type of arm/lever. When you insert a piece of paper into the ADF this arm/lever is pushed back thus telling the printer that paper is in the ADF. Check the arm/lever and let me know if you seen anything off or if it is missing.

To clarify by right side I mean if you are looking at it from the front of the printer it is on the farthest side of the ADF.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello shechris

On printer screen do you see the words "Original Loaded" at the bottom? The printer defaults to the flatbed unless it detects paper in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). If you are in fact seeing the words "Original Loaded" it means the ADF thinks that there is paper inserted.

If that is the case I suggest following the article below to clean the ADF.

Paper Path Issues in the Automatic Document Feeder

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Yes - the screen says original loaded.  I have taken the entire document feeder apart.  I have even tried copying with the lid open and it still wants to use the feeder?  I have turned off and on the machine.   It works fine to scan on the flatbed (that's my work around - is to scan then print.) 

Any other suggestions?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello shechris

If you open the ADF cover as per the instructions you should notice on the right side a type of arm/lever. When you insert a piece of paper into the ADF this arm/lever is pushed back thus telling the printer that paper is in the ADF. Check the arm/lever and let me know if you seen anything off or if it is missing.

To clarify by right side I mean if you are looking at it from the front of the printer it is on the farthest side of the ADF.

HP Recommended

yes - found lever - what it made me realize is that the top was not totally closed - it actually "clicks" shut.  When I did that the "original loaded" went away and it copied from flatbed!  yay!

feeling kinda dumb - but glad it works!

Thanks for all your help!

Big kudos!

HP Recommended

Hello shechris

Glad to hear it is now working. :generic:

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I can't find the "arm" that you're talking about. I have it open but don't see an arm. Can you be a little more descriptive of what it looks like. With it open, I've looked toward the back of the feeder, on the sides...and pretty much everywhere! Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.