Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I forgot to mention earlier that I tried connecting a external keyboard to the tablet and held B and windows key but it didn't work, I don't think that will work for tablets as the tablet needs to power the keyboard before it switches on and that cannot happen.
SonicR how did you manage to do it exactly? I've held on to the buttons mentioned earlier all I get is a short vibration after about 20 seconds and then a long vibration after another 20 seconds, I let go of the buttons but still black screen.
I was thinking about the new windows 10 and we know that everybody has the same operating system, what I mean by this is that on the omni 10 you had to use the specific windows 8 supplied by HP as it was sort of designed for the tablet but with windows 10 there is no specific version for tablets, PCs or laptops so in theory we can try booting from a USB with windows 10 and install windows that way. This may or may not work, but in my omni 10 it mentions that operating system is missing! So my bios may be intact but maybe my operating system got wiped or the emmc storage has become faulty.
On HP forums people have asked about this already regarding laptops and PCs and HP devs said that they'll need to install a new OS via CD or USB to get their laptop or PC working again.
What does your omni 10 say when you switch it on normally?
HP Recommended
Let me tell you that bios does not Even report the type of disk nor the dimension. Earlier It reported It was installed a 32GB flash disc. So i think BIOS does Not see it anymore at all!
HP Recommended
Managed to fully discharge now been charging for many hours (15hrs+) will try the key press combo soon: PWR + VOL DWN + VOL UP
HP Recommended
For my tablet, it just booted up after using combo keys and it booted into Windows as normal. Now it's running properly.
HP Recommended
I think I actually done what SonicR said but unfortunately it did not work.
I have been trying the power button, volume up and volume down since yesterday, I've lost count of the times I've tried it. It was only today morning that I think I pulled it off. This is what I done:

1. Hold Power button, volume +, volume -
2. Very long vibration

Then I'm assuming it should start up bios downgrade or something like that and then into windows. Just to give you an idea,the vibration was so long I thought I broke my tablet and I immediately let go of all the buttons, it continued vibrating but nothing happened. I think I let go of the buttons too early.

This is how you work out when it's gone wrong:

1. Hold power button, volume +, volume -
2. Short vibration
3. Short vibration
4. Medium vibration

There is a gap of around 20 seconds between steps 2,3 and 4. Steps 1 and 2 happen at the same time so if you feel the vibration straight after step 1 then it probably didn't work.

HP Recommended
There should be no vibration when you hold all the buttons
HP Recommended
Oscar8u,

Now you got it worked?
HP Recommended
I didn't have time to try it again, had to get to work. I'm going to try it later on today.
HP Recommended
Honestly, I've tried everything!
The combo buttons at the top are way too hard, tried it a million times with no success.
I found an old thread
With info about how to install windows 8.1 pro on the omni 10, I followed all the instructions and it was working until I got to the part where I had to choose which drive to put it in, the omni 10 does not recognise the built in emmc storage! There is absolutely no way to install it! If only the bios recognised the built in storage I would've been able to install windows 8.1. I had access to the cmd but my lack of knowledge in using it did not help, I used a few commands I found on different sites such as diskpart etc. But it does not recognise the built in storage no matter what. I would've happily installed windows on my 128GB SD card but guess what, that is not recognised as well. This is a joke! When will a HP dev respond?! Hp also sell a recovery media usb for aeound £37 but I don't think that will work until the built in storage is recognised, why release a software update which completely damages the bloody system! I will contact HP now, hopefully they'll be able to help me although I doubt it.
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.