Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried to launch the bios exe and choose to creat usb media for  bios recovering. It says to plug the usb, then turn the tablet on. Nothing happened!

Today I received a replacing tablet and wad even worse than the one I have. Wifi had issues and only worked within 2-3m from router. There was a scratch on the screen. It was a sampple coming from repair and "tested"....OMG!

I'm waiting for the second replacing tablet and i hope this wil be worth it!!

HP Recommended
I am done for too.. Where can i get drivers for storage.. Stuck at load drivers
HP Recommended
I have the installation usb for windows 10, when i boot into it, it says where do u want to install ur os, no drive... Where can i find drivers if anyway "load drivers" can help.. I tried attaching my external hdd.. It was recognized but it says windows cant be installed on it as it isbr not gpt amd windows cant be installed over usb port or ie4444 something port blah blah... I have the usb recovery for win 8.1 too.. It boots ok.. But then it says no hdd.. I hv the old bios on my ext hdd, how can i degrade my bios? How do i run the .exe file without an os??
HP Recommended
I'll try the discharge charge thing.. But thankfully i am still covered under warranty so I'll just go to the service centre and throw it on their face!!
HP Recommended
I've tried the discharge and charge technique with the keypress combo about 500 times with no result.

I do not even have anything onscreen at all when I press the power button. Just-a-black-screen.

HP Recommended
Hey shoubhik, if your external hdd is recognised thats good. If you have access to another computer format that hdd as NTFC and make it a GPT drive, there are software out there that can do it. I think if you do this you'll be able to install windows on that hdd.
HP Recommended

Why would you want to install Windows to an external hard drive with a tablet?   Seems pointless unless you want to turn your tablet into a desktop PC.

I tried the battery drain and hold volume buttons trick. I seem to get two short vibrates then a medium but nothing ever comes up on the LCD.  If I turn it on normally it displays the error about the missing boot device.   I suppose I will have to call HP.

HP Recommended
For that i guess I'll hv to format it.. That means loss of all my backup data... 😞
HP Recommended
@swaaye
Ofcourse it's pointless.......on a WORKING tablet.
I need my tablet for uni work, maybe you don't need it as much. But I can't live without it for a day. I'd rather have a working tablet than walk around with a fancy LCD screen which does nothing. I am prepared to wait for a fix but in the mean time I need it to work, if it means carrying around a small external hdd which can easily fit into my bag then so be it.
HP Recommended
And anyway, to be honest I don't think HP will help us in fixing this issue, it will be upto someone with an omni 10 to come up with a fix. The best HP can do is probably offer replacements for those of you still under warranty. I just hope the replacements are actually good undamaged tablets as mine is in mint condition, not a single scratch on it. I have never had any issues with mine whatsoever, no driver issues, nothing.

@swaaye If you read my previous posts you'll see why it may be a good idea to boot from an external hdd. Windows 8.1 has this issue of not recognising storage sometimes, if you boot from another hdd there is a chance the built in storage will be recognised. Then you can install windows oin the built in storage. And your problem is fixed!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.