Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

it is on HP suport asistant software....

HP Recommended
Do not install. It's the same version that can brick your tablet. The same name, same size, same date!
HP Recommended

Hi foroughi9300,

I sent the backup bios rom to your gmail.

Please check and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Finger crossed!!

Shame on HP!

HP Recommended

Especial thank to  Johan.no7 and frogjovi who sent me their bios dumps. So far was very promising and I am very sure that the proper bios can be made for each teblet but it takes a lot of time because I have to change the hex and I am so tired and need to sleep. The thing that I worry is that I have to find a way to keep Windows product key. So I advise eveyone to find their product key because it needs to be patched in the raw bios file.

The ridiculous thing is that the working bios system board IDs is 2177 not 22B9. Hp has put another device bios for Omni 10 tablet so flashing it causes to a bricked device or error #f06.

Right now Hp has removed the faulty bios from omni 10 driver page (still present in the ftp link, that's  because HP support application shows an update for the bios)...So no matter what DO NOT flash the 22B9 bios !!!!

Bs. of Computer Software Engineering
Ms. of Computer Hardware Engineering
HP Recommended

Dear Forough,

I hope you can fix it, then send us the patch to solve the problem. if we wait for HP, I think we spend for long time, or we take our tablet to waste. So far, we didn't any  information about the problem from HP.... So boring.

Tran

HP Recommended

Its great that you r on the verge of finding a solution.. i wish u best luck... i sent my tablet to hp.. hoping for a replacement. . No words yet though

HP Recommended
Really fantastic work foroughi9300, you are doing us all proud. I can only imagine the headache! Supposed to hear back from HP Support by Monday just to let you all know I will be making sure we all get looked after.

Cheers
HP Recommended
The thing I am doing is the last way possible, the first thing a factory does to each device for the first boot.

I am sorry to say that there is no generic patch for everyone to use and you have to patch for your own device because the bios update file lacks some unique information of yours(your windows product key, specific model configs, serial numner, board ID ...) which are located under back cover on barcode stickers
*Those of who have not backed up your windows serial may lose it by this approach
*After doing this method the device won't be flawless and you have to flash your specific bios model ASAP(it brought my dead tablet to life but due to lack of manufacturing information it reboots automatically)

This solution only applies to those whose warranty has expired, have access to some repairman that can reprogram eeproms(which costs much much less than what HP gets to repair) or you can reprogram your bios yourself using cheap programmers which are at the cost of 3$ at ebay.com
HP Recommended
So far I have found the following offsets that everyone should patch for his device
product name, product number,serial number,system board ct number and windows serial number

It will take more time to find other usefull memory offsets because I am dealing with thousands lines of jibberish Hex values

Right now 2 nice guys have sent me their bios dump for 5600us and 5600eg models my device is 5600es but I will take the risk of slight difference between those models to reprogram mine, but it would be really nice if I had other models bios dump.
I will make a tutorial for everyone to patch for their own if I succede...fingers crossed
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with the 5600US.  Would it be posible for someone to help me out with the BIOS for the 5600US?  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.