Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was using  Mobile Broadband module installed on my ElitePad windows 8.1 64bit OS , here in pakistan. While updating divers through Hp Softpaq.. It got corrupted or uninstalled. Now it Shows Error / exclamation Mark in device Manager.

I tried many solutions including Downloading All possible drivers suggested by HP support site but failed to resolve issue.

at moment neither Mobile Broadband Manager appears Nor drivers get updated or Installed.

Even I tried HP embedded system windows image downlaod and recover system but it says This version of OS is not Licensed to this system.

My system Details are:

SKU Number : J6T86AW # AKL

PRODUCT NUMBER : [Personal Information Removed]

LOOKING FORWARD.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Aashir79

Install the new driver

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_149770_1

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi , Thanks for your response , but this driver also wasn't helpful. I upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit version..Now most of the device drivers associated with Hp Hs3110 ... got installed.. except one . I am not sure whether it is modem..network card or what ever.. it still shows exclamation mark in other devices. I also tried most recent win 10 drivers but in wane. And I feel some manual installation can help.. looking forward for guidance .
HP Recommended

ashir79

you have a HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Rugged Tablet

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.
  2. Click View in top bar and select Devices by connection.

3. Find the USB Composite Device that WWAN device included and select it, then right-click Update Driver Software....

4. Under Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller > USB Root Hub > Generic USB Hub, find the USB Composite Device that the HP hs3110 is listed under it, then right-click the USB Composite Device (b), and then select Update Driver Software... (c).

5. Choose Browse my computer for driver software, then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Check Show compatible hardware, then select USB Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Module, and then click Next.
  7. Click the scan for hardware changes button (a) in top Ba Scan for hardware changes

Update the WWAN driver to the latest version available on

VERSION: 12.1803.2.6 REV: A PASS: 2

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Updates the BIOS manufacturer name.
- Provides the initial settings mechanism.
- Sets the airplane mode default to off.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71541.exe

VERSION: 12.1803.2.8 REV: A PASS: 1

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides the updated driver.
- Provides the certified Windows 10 GPS driver.
- Adds the Windows 10 inf files folder.

FIXES:
- Fixes an issue where upgrading a system running Windows 7 to Windows 10 causes
an abnormal port error to occur.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71852.exe

I think the second driver solves the problem

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for the prompt reply and guiedance. But Issue still prevails.

plz find attached the snap shot.devices.PNG

HP Recommended

error2.PNGIn 2nd - 3rd attempt I received this error message.

HP Recommended

Please use the insert button for pictures

install the last BIOS

HP hs3110/hs3114 Mobile Broadband Drive

HP Recommended

Hi go2,

I must appreciate your support.  Although I Had updated BIOS .. But I did it again as per your advice. I downloaded sp71852 ,  Installed it but again of no use..   Although Win10 64  folder contains only EWGNSS drivers.. I tried WWAN drivers in win 7 folder.

I followed ur previous instructions and USB CONPOSITE DEVICE    got insatlled  But Network Module  isn't  getting installed..

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Aashir79

Update or install the Framework under Program Futures

please install sp71541

HP hs3110/hs3114 Mobile Broadband Drive

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.