Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi, there is any commando to shut down/modify the auto-dimming every 5 seconds??

With the command TOff it is posible to modify the power-off time.. But what's the command for the auto-dimming? It is very uncomfortable to work having to press the screen every second

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi!, Mazayus_3:

Welcome, to Forum !.

IMHO, you can't change the time, for shutt-off. This process, didn't allow change.

See, this example ... I entered the Plot screen, and the calculator remained On, for more than 15 minutes. Then I entered the Home screen and it shut off, after approx. 5 minutes. In both cases, the screen dims after approximately 15 seconds, of inactivity.

Perhaps this has something to do with background screen refreshes or, internal calculations, that occur, when the calculator, is operating, in certain modes.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

When the Prime is powered by its USB port, it never auto-dims the display, since battery depletion is not important when being powered by the USB cable.  Therefore, to prevent the display from auto-dimming after 30 seconds of being idle, just plug it in.  That's the only way to avoid auto-dimming.  This has been true of all the firmware versions to date, but of course a future upgrade might add some kind of user control for the auto-dim time, which IMHO would be a great idea.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy Prime user.

-Joe-
HP Recommended
I'm thinking in making some connections to confuse the charging usb
HP Recommended

Cool!  If you get something working which (a) prevents the screen from auto-dimming, (b) is self-contained, (c) doesn't cause any extra power drainage, and (d) doesn't void the warranty, please share the details with us!  Thanks in advance!

-Joe-
HP Recommended
Reading a bit of usb charging, it seems it will be very hard to get a step-up booster (voltage) inside with all the related components also. An external device will need its own battery to avoid cables from the calculator, and doesnt makes any sense. Nothing easy. I will keep thinking. Hope HP releases a command before
HP Recommended

Sometimes I set it to full dim, so I don't get distracted by the change of brightness every few seconds.  This doesn't make it bright, but is does keep it from being distracting.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.