Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just downloaded and installed v01.14 this morning and on mine the touch lag has decreased but I feel any delay is now due to the Intel Atom. If I leave the tablet alone for a few moments and then touch the onscreen keyboard, the press is registered almost instantly but the letter is a delayed in the field on the screen of the word I'm typing.

Maybe I too got a different hardware revision with my replacement tablet and the delay is reduced in that revision where as others here have older hardware.
HP Recommended

first, sorry for my english.

few days age, i buy this tablet from ebay and it comes with win 10 and bios 1.08 .

The touch lag is exist on my tablet that on bios 1.08. so I try to update my bios to lastest vers. 1.14 directly.

Unfortunately, the lag is still exist. I can't feel any responsive time 'decrease' on my  tablet. Maybe it have, but I can't feel it. The main problem is The lag is trigger by few second idle time. it means after you haven't touch the screen few second then you touch again, it will be have some 'delay' on touch event respon. You guys said that after the bios 1.07, the issue come out. Then HP said that:

Fixes:

- Fixes an issue where the Bitlocker interface does not respond properly when a touch screen keyboard is used.

- Fixes an issue which causes the screen keyboard to flicker when the AltGr button is touched.

- Prevents the BIOS from being rolled back to an older version.

- Enables Wireless LAN L1.1/L1.2.

- Improves system stability when the system is running in the Low Battery Hibernation Mode.

- Removes the display of the estimated time remaining of the battery life when the system is connected to a DC power source.

no.1,2 is related to touchscreen. is it cause the problem?

then, no.5 is battery related, the input is related to battery saver??????? or they change the screen touch detect method to make more battery save??

the touch lag is happen regularly, so I think it maybe HP's design to make more battery save.

I hope HP can fix it and let us love you again.

the infomation proivde above just my guess, not an science answer. 

HP Recommended

Atom CPU based Tablets do not inherently exhibit lag in the touchscreen. I've tried many of them. HP 608 is the only tablet I have ever encountered that had this odd ball lag and it made the tablet non useable

HP Recommended
have you try bios 01.14? or send your tablet to HP for repair? I want to know is it everyone have this issue.
HP Recommended
i agree with you, it is not atom's problem. I have Asus T100ta, it haven't any touch lag although it will delay by other reason. but i can see the screen have respon for touch. but hp 608 g1 have delay for the touch respon.
HP Recommended
It's the firmware. Any bios installed after 1.07 also installs the lag bug
HP Recommended

sad but true. is it hp block the bios roll back from bios 01.08?

HP Recommended
Correct. No downgrading
HP Recommended

do you send the tablet to repair? is it useful? or ask hp help you to downgrade the bios?

HP Recommended
Yes, sent it back. Absolute waste of time. It came back with the same bios, but it was re-imaged to factory. They did nothing else.

HP doesn't read these forums, the tech support you speak to is in India and has no communication channel to the people who actually make the tablet.

What I've learned is that the people who make the BIOS actually have no idea that there is a bug and that people have been complaining about it for a year.

It will never be fixed.

Just get your money back.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.