Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@hlov @parasystole Is BIOS V1.06/07  fixed the issues of psyhical buttons  and the touch  failure after wake up? Yesterday I tried to install the Amtel Touch firmware under 1.04 BIOS by clicking  unzipped setup.exe which would skip BIOS  version checking, but all I got was nothing noticable but a yellow "!" flag on the touch firmware  within Device  Management, then unfortunately, my psyhical buttons became unusable again, this time whatever any GPIO driver I insatll (grab it from Intel/HP sites) I  just can't have them work. so frustrated I went to bed and left it unplug on AC power adaptor, surprisingly when I woke it up from hibernation this moring, everything back to normal, now the buttons work just fine and yet no touch failure after wake up.

So, would BIOS 1.06/07 fix the buttons issue? I'd prefer to update to 1.06 cause I'll still have chace to downgrade if so.

HP Recommended
1.06 is fine
HP Recommended

Thank you @hlov , now I've upgraded it to 1.06 and the buttons work. Buttons would failed working after a system restart though they're working now in 1.04, now it seems the issue was fixed.

HP Recommended
If I remember, 1.07 may takes care of the unresponsive touch screen up waking from deep sleep, but I don't recall. It does, however, add an on-screen keyboard in BIOS recovery mode when you're required to enter a boot password. Without it, you can't boot the tablet unless you plug in an external keyboard.
The Atmel firmware has never actually installed for anyone, regardless of version, so it has never fixed anything for anybody. Luckily, HP continues to publish new versions that also don't actually install or do anything.
HP Recommended

I did get the Atmel firmware to install but after having gone to BIOS 01.13 (01.12 didn't work).

It did not fix any issues with touchscreen lag.

HP Recommended
I've gotten the yellow! In the device manger every time, with each version, and with each Windows 10 version
HP Recommended
I did a tablet reset last night and got around to running some Windows updates this morning. I also downloaded and installed the Atmel firmware again and it went and installed on the first attempt. However, I had put BIOS 01.14A on a few weeks ago so my tablet had the latest BIOS. Curiously, HP only have 01.13A still listed on the downloads site.
HP Recommended

HP once placed 1.14 on their site but only few days they pulled it over and returns 1.13. Maybe there's something with 1.14 but I don't know, I was also installed 1.14 in my last tablet and there's no fix for touch lag issue.

By now I'm  using 1.06 and actually it doesn't fix the unresponsive touch from deep wake up issue.

HP Recommended

This has been an ongoing nightmare for me.  I finally got a replacement unit after 3 months of tech support/repair waiting with HP, and then I ran the HP Support tool and it recommended the v1.13 bios update and I did it.  What a mistake.  The refurished tablet they sent me had v1.06 bios but had the battery forever stuck at 4% problem. This bios update fixed that, but re-introduced the touchscreen lag!

Does anyone know where to get the v1.06 bios and how to downgrade it?

HP Recommended
I think it is no way to downgrade bios after 1.07 bios was released. I want to know where you buy the tablet and how do you get the replacement?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.