Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PRIME
Microsoft Windows XP

Good morning,

I wanted to ask about finding the points of intersection of the two functions (applications GEOMETRY). Why is the program for certain functions are points of intersection, but not for others. Here are some examples:

15.png16.png18.png17.png23.png22.png

The following example shows a more complex function of the type of conic. The program will draw the function but did not find the exact points of intersection. It shows a strange solution (very, very many points of intersection) In addition, the program draws a complicated, difficult features a very long time. Many times calculator automatically reboot, and everything disappeared.

25.png24.png

And these functions draws Advanced Graphing application (see exactly 4 points of intersection of the two functions.

27.png26.png

In the following example you can see that the program found more intersection points than exists in reality. They have to be two places and we have three. And this is a mistake.

29.png20.png

With kind regards!

Johnder

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Johnder:

Can you please, change the format of images (.png), with .bmp or .jpg ?

I only see, light yellow triangles, with gray border's.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Hi Make,

I do not know if I can do it. Do I once again send the matter with the attached images from the calculator in the new format, as you suggest. Help me.

Best regards!

Johnder

HP Recommended

I wanted to ask about finding the points of intersection of the two functions (applications GEOMETRY). Why is the program for certain functions are points of intersection, but not for others. Here are some examples:13.png12.png15.png16.png18.png17.png

the following example shows a more complex function of the type of conic. The program will draw the function but did not find the exact points of intersection. It shows a strange solution (very, very many points of intersection) In addition, the program draws a complicated, difficult features a very long time. Many times calculator automatically reboot, and everything disappeared.

25.png24.png

And these functions draws Advanced Graphing application (see exactly 4 points of intersection of the two functions.27.png26.png

In the following example you can see that the program found more intersection points than exists in reality. They have to be two places and we have three. And this is a mistake.

29.png20.png

With kind regards!

Johnder

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Johnder:

Don't worry !. Be Happy !.

I now see, your images. Change the viewer, in my tablet HP Slate 21 k-100.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
HP Recommended

Dear Make,

I am very happy that finally the images of my HP Prime visible.
You really, really thank you for your support, help and trusting the word.
God bless you.

Johnder (Poland)

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Johnder:

You can see and solve, the intercept, of two function's, but with Advanced Graphing ...

IMG_20160607_220333.jpg

IMG_20160607_220107.jpg

IMG_20160607_220153.jpg

IMG_20160607_220027.jpg

You can move, with directional, arrow up and down, for determine coordinates, of intercept's.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
HP Recommended

Hi Make,

I also see now only triangles. Why is it like that.

Best regards!

Johnder

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Johnder:

Have you, in your computer installed, any .jpg images view ?. If not, try with install and then write if continued without view images.

This method for intersection of two functions, is referred to, Advanded Graphing and not Geometry.

But, is similar.

Use ...

Y=(x^2-6)

Y=(ln(x^2-3))

I don't know why the function's, not intercept, in Geometry Apk.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
HP Recommended

Hi Make,

Thank you for your answer. I know that the application Advanceg Graphing draws a fantastic plots function type Function and Impicit. But the application GEOMETRY has problems with this. As stated in the GEOMETRY'll draw a graph of the function but it takes longer. Difficult, complicated functions such as IMPLICIT, CONIC, draws a very, very long time. As you can see you are big problems finding places cuts, especially complicated functions. It's frustrating. I have a request. Send this topic developers from HP. Let it will improve in the next operating system. I know that the application GEOMETRY is also a super great program, but it has some bugs that need to be removed. I would like to GEOMETRY work as quickly and efficiently as Function, Advanced Graphing and others.

Best regards!

Johnder

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.