Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Proliant Ml350p
Ubuntu LTS

I need to upgrade my storage capacity without losing ANY of my previous data.  I have a Proliant ML350P 8gen with a P420 Raid controller.  Currently I have 2x148gb SSD in RAID1 config.  The server has 8 SSD slots.  I plan to replace these SSDs with 4x600gb and configure them in RAID5.  This will be enough storage for my operation.  However,  from what I understand,  replacing the SSDs will result in having to reboot Ubuntu and all my other files from scratch.  Is there a way to first transfer all my 148gb SSD data to one of the new 600gb SSD before reconfiguring the setup?  Can I keep the SSDs in with the new ones and have multiple RAIDS going?  If so, can I delegate which raids do which task? Would an external harddrive help?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge here, I’m trying to describe it as best I can.  Thanks I advance for the help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.