Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-df0043dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I have an HP Spectre x360 15-df0043. It was giving me some trouble software wise where one of my programs refused to open. I went to run some tests on it, and a few of them didn't want to run or couldn't find the hard drive. So I tried to boot into a testing environment and it refused to boot into them so I tried a third. I had to go into the BIOS and change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy because it refused to boot to anything UEFI for some reason. It booted into the testing environment and all the tests came back fine so I went to go boot back into the OS but couldn't.

I did not realize that the unit had two drives configured together in a RAID formation. Everything kept coming back as a single 1TB drive. The RAID configuration is broken now, but both drives are healthy and totally fine otherwise. I need the data that I had stored on there. I have about 80% of what was on there backed up but 20% of 500GB is a LOT.

Is there a way to fix the drive in such a way to allow me to access the data that is still there, I just cant see it. All that's happened is that the RAID configuration was broken. The drives themselves are fine. It looks like it was set up as an "Intel Optane Volume". In the BIOS it is currently described as an incomplete optane volume and lists the current "non member disks".

Please help. Any advice you have is welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.