Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Trying to print envelopes for thank you cards. Using the envelope maker app on my chromebook I'm able to find the right size which is A1. But looking at my printer, I do not have A1 printer as an option. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DarraB 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Perhaps not great news --

As you have discovered, the printer does not support an A1 envelope size.

AND

This printer is one of the older models -- even if you had a Windows system (yes, I understand you do not) -- the only OS that supports Custom Paper sizes is MacOS.

If you wish to do so, perhaps consider using address labels instead.

Printer Specifications for HP OfficeJet 3830, DeskJet 3830, 5730 All-in-One Printers

Supported custom sizes
To avoid paper jams and other issues when printing on nonstandard custom paper sizes, make sure the dimensions fall within the parameters listed in the following table.
note:
Custom-sized media are only supported in Mac OS X.
Paper size
88.9 x 127 mm (3.5 to 5.0 inches) to 215 x 355.6 mm (8.5 to 14.0 inches)

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.