Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre - 13-af004na
Microsoft Windows 11

I am experiencing poor battery life. All drivers and firmware are up to date and the battery has been calibrated.

The computer is under 3 yrs old and covered by the extended warranty care package.

The battery check shows it as "normal" but the maximum capacity is only 27 watt hrs against a design capacity of 44 watt hrs. 

125/1000 battery cycles.

This appears to be excessive degradation. Hp support are refusing to replace but are unable to tell me how much degradation should be expected after 125 cycles.

Does anyone know what is acceptable and what is covered by the warrenty.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Spectre24 .

On average lithium-ion batteries have an average life of 1,000 cycles.
If you have 125 cycles out of 1,000 and you feel that the battery is underperforming, then you should have the battery calibrated.
All rechargeable batteries gradually lose their storage capacity. This loss of energy storage capacity (due to aging) is irreversible and cannot be restored. The maximum storage capacity of a new battery may be very different from the maximum storage capacity of a battery after one year of use.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.