Question

Honor Student
radioqueenn
Message 1 of 2 (688 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do i get the wwe, inc app on the slate 7 tablet?

How do i get the wwe, inc app for my hp slate 7 tablet?  Some things say not compatable.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 2 (681 Views)

Re: how do i get the wwe, inc app on the slate 7 tablet?

Apps that require a GPS chip to be present in a device will not like the entry-level Slate7 tablet since it does not have one.  To work around the problem, you will have to "side load" the program from another Android device that can run it.  It's called APK extraction.

APK extraction is not officially endorsed by HP. If an app is not available in a specific region that is a restriction that the developer has put on the application. Such a restriction could be due to licensing of content.

There are two main steps to APK extraction -

1) Extract the application from another Android device, or download the APK file directly. If you download the APK file from somewhere else, please be very confident of the website. Because you will be 'forcing' the app to install and not downloading it through Google it is possible the application has been infected by malware or otherwise corrupted.

To perform step 1, first install the application on another Android device and also install an "APK Extractor" application. (there are several to choose from and available for free in the Google Play store).
Once the application is extracted, copy the file to a MicroSD card, or use another means of transfer such as uploading or emailing.

Insert the MicroSD card into your Slate 7, or download the file.
You may need to install a File Browser in order to locate the file on your Slate 7. these are also available in the Google Play store for free.

You will need to change one security setting on your Slate 7; click on Settings, Security, and then place a checkmark in "Unknown Sources, allow installation of apps from unknown sources". You will get a warning about the potential for malware by changing this setting.

Once the security setting has been changed, browse to the APK file and just 'click' on it to open. It will install just like it was downloading from the play store.

I will state a few things though -
1) This process is not endorsed by HP. I am a Volunteer here, and not an official representative of HP.
2) If an application is blocked in your region then installation may cause problems or even violate certain laws or licensing.
3) Downloading an APK from a suspicious website could introduce malware/spyware/viruses or cause other unwanted behavior. Do not download APKs for files that are not free on Google Play as that would be piracy.
4) Installation of an APK that "requires" GPS may not function fully, although in many cases you can manually enter in your location and it will function.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation