Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 21 k100
Other

Hi,

After a power cut, my Slate 21 k100 no longer boots past the splash screen. I have searched here for fixes and have performed a factory reset using the recovery boot but to no avail.

I have managed to find recovery images here;

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=21121

but nothing will work, giving error messages.

Can anyone advise what else I can try as I am sure the problem is some sort of corruption rather than a hardware issue.

Many thanks

Lou

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@IKWIG

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Slate 21 k100 and it after a power cut, it does not boot further from the splash screen. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you not use third part links to install any software on your tablet. Also, I would like to know if it made any changes post recovery?

Meanwhile, please perform the steps as described in detail from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tried this, the issue remains, getting stuck on the splash screen.

I have tried contacting support via the HP web site but because the device is out of warranty, it sent me here.

Do HP supply the original image for reflashing or can you suggest something else?

Lou

HP Recommended

@IKWIG

You're welcome. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.:)

Ideally, the issue should have got resolved by now. I recommend you to contact HP phone support to explore the service options for your HP tablet. The evidence indicates towards an internal failure. 

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have gone throught that link but am not presented with any phone numbers, just a link to be able to pay for advice!!

Can HP provide a recovery image?

HP Recommended

@IKWIG

Thank you for replying. 🙂

You need to fill in an online form in that link to reach phone support. Else, you can let me know your country of residence and I will try to locate the contact information for you. 

Secondly, unlike Windows recovery images, HP does not maintain the recovery image for Android systems. 

I'll watch for your response. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Based on the serial number (I assume) I do not get routed through to phone numbers, just to the forums or a pay options....

I'm in the UK.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@IKWIG

Thanks for the providing the information. I have sent you a private message with the contact details. Hope this helps. Let me know. 🙂

HP Recommended

I have spoken with an HP rep on the number you supplied.

He told me that HP do not keep recovery images for this product because it is Android and they only support Windows!

Good work HP....

HP Recommended

Hi @IKWIG,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.