Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to run an OSD task sequence in SCCM 2012 to set the BIOS configuration, enabling TPM and changing to UEFI native mode in preperation for BitLocker, then setting the BIOS password all from within WinPE. The command below runs just fine when logged into the laptop in full Windows 10 from cmd prompt, but for some reason I recieve and error when the task sequence tries to run the command.

Using BCU version: 4.0.13.1

WinPE 10 x64 version: 10.0.10240.16384

RunBCU.cmd /setconfig:"Config\8570pconfig.repset" /cspwdfile:"Config\oldpassword.bin" /nspwdfile:"Config\newpassword.bin"

Where are the log files for the utility?

What does error  0x0000000A and 0x0000000B mean?

What am I missing?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

please, look at the following white paper developed to help understand how to manage the TPM and also no the best practices for SCCM 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/Building,%20Deploying,%20and%20Updating%20an%20I...

this and other white papers are available starting with www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

btw, it seems like you should set the BIOS pwd BEFORE you can manage the TPM

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

please, look at the following white paper developed to help understand how to manage the TPM and also no the best practices for SCCM 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/Building,%20Deploying,%20and%20Updating%20an%20I...

this and other white papers are available starting with www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

btw, it seems like you should set the BIOS pwd BEFORE you can manage the TPM

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

After very CLOSELY reading the white papers I discovered the settings to "allow content to run directly from the distribution server" requirment for the deployment. This allowed my command to run.

However this broke the Capture User setting using the USMT. So I had to revert the deployment setting back to "allow the content to be downloaded to the client if required". Then I have to use the Map network location task setting to map drives to run the BCU and the disk clean commands. I used seperate mapped drives for each cmd.

Learning SCCM is so much fun. (NOT!) I am hoping that at some point my task sequences will run more than once without an error.

Anyway BCU is not my main proble, anymore.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.