Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 845 14 inch G9 Notebook PC IDS Base Model

Screenshot 2024-04-04 222552.png

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it's normal to lose almost 27% of my battery capacity after 123 cycle.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello.

The battery capacity will naturally decrease depending on age, usage and environmental factors.

Your laptop BIOS has a setting for limiting battery capacity charge level to only 80% to prolong its life. You can check and toggle this setting in BIOS settings or using the HP Power Manager application which probably can give more accurate battery life data. If you don't have HP Power Manager installed, you can download latest version from your laptop's software download page.

HP Recommended

I understand that the capacity will naturally decrease over time. I remembered setting the battery limit to 80% on HP Power Manager, but it seems when I tried to undo that limit (so that it will use the full capacity), the available capacity did not get restored. I'm wondering if there could be a bug there?

HP Recommended

Hello again,

HP Power Manager has had plenty of bug fixes in its lifetime. The latest version is 3.1.10.0 and you can download it from this link.

The Current Battery Capacity in HP Power Manager shows the available battery capacity when fully charged and the percentage shows the wear level and the Maximise my battery health (80% limit) setting does not affect this number. For instance, the HP laptop I am writing this message with has the 80% limit set, and the HP Power Manager shows 88% as the max capacity left - my battery has lost 12% of its max capacity permanently.

If you still think your battery has lost its capacity abnormally fast, you can of course file a warranty claim with HP. In your case the battery warranty is tied to the laptop warranty period. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.