Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I did two things to my X2. I fitted the HP Hard Protective casing and installed the latest Windows 10 Upgrade. And then earlier this morning my notebook charged and the suddenly it stopped charging. I have two chargers, one in the office and one in my bag for travelling. Not one of the chargers gives a charging indicator on the battery icon.

Please help. Should I re-install a driver? With my previous notebook, I would sometimes just remove the battery and then put back and the problem would disappear. Unfortunately, I cannot remove the Elite X2 battery.

Hendrik

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

First try performing a hard reset and see if it changes the issue. Here is link hoe to perform the hard reset. Follow the one for non removable battery:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c01684768#c01684768_nonremovablebatt

You can also run HP diagnostics on the battery itself and see if it has any problems

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04700771

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks, before I attempted your solution the battery is charging again. I do suspect I will have to do the hard reset in the near future

HP Recommended

David, it worked for a while, and then stopped. I have run the adapter test and it failed. What do I do now? Where can I buy an adapter in Johannesburg? for an HP X2?AC Adapter failure

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can probably find a universal adapter if you go to large electronics store.

If you search online for the exact model of your PC you will find the adapter.

If you post the exact model of your X2 I can see if I can help with the online search, even though I live in Italy.

Let me know,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.