Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HI All

I've very strange issue with my elitebook 8560p my right click button closest to keyboard doesn't seam to work every other touchpad buttons work fine but as soon I uninstalled the synaptics driver I'm able to use the right click closest to the keybaord.i've tried a Linux ubuntu operating system and works fine I'm currently running windows 8.1 professional 64 bit also using the latest the latest synaptics driver available.i've also tried windows 7 and experience the same thing .Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thnaks

Lekshmen

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi All

Taught I'll let you know that I've found the solution to my problem it was an issue to do with hardware in particular the keyboard had a spare keyboard lying around which I taught I'll swap it out and it worked the right closest to the keyboard worked all sudden I rebooted several times to confirm and is till worked.i also wanted to do further investigation to see which part of keyboard wasn't working since it had two ribbon cables one for the point stick and one for the actual keybaord.i unplugged the point stick ribbon cable and just left the ribbon cable for the keyboard in and switched the machine on and both right click and left button now wasn't working then I decided to switch the point stick ribbon cable from the working keyboard to one wasn't working and plugged the original keyboard back and all the buttons worked even the right so culprit was the ribbon cable for the point stick.

Thanks

Lekshmen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When you install or upgrade to Windows 8.1, do you install the drivers specific for Windows 8.1? There are Synaptic touchpad drivers available dated November 2013, version 17.0.18.8. I would also make sure of other drivers, by running SDM (www.hp.com/go/sdm) and installing latest BIOS (by itself) and then any h/w drivers recommended

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi Soccer_ Dan

Thanks for replying to my post I very much appreciated it the current version of the synaptics driver I’m running is the same one you mentioned and is windows 8.1 specific .I’ve posted a screenshot below with the driver version as well Also I did do a clean install of both windows 8.1 and windows 7 and experience the same thing also running the latest bios version which is F.42 I've also ran HP softpaq and I'm running the latest version of my drivers for my system. i also had new system board and new top cover replaced but didn’t solve the issue

Thanks                                             

Lekshmen

HP Recommended

Hi All

Taught I'll let you know that I've found the solution to my problem it was an issue to do with hardware in particular the keyboard had a spare keyboard lying around which I taught I'll swap it out and it worked the right closest to the keyboard worked all sudden I rebooted several times to confirm and is till worked.i also wanted to do further investigation to see which part of keyboard wasn't working since it had two ribbon cables one for the point stick and one for the actual keybaord.i unplugged the point stick ribbon cable and just left the ribbon cable for the keyboard in and switched the machine on and both right click and left button now wasn't working then I decided to switch the point stick ribbon cable from the working keyboard to one wasn't working and plugged the original keyboard back and all the buttons worked even the right so culprit was the ribbon cable for the point stick.

Thanks

Lekshmen

HP Recommended

Solution for HP EliteBook touchpad right click not working -  So frustrating not to have the freedom to work without a mouse...but after relentless searching and playing around i fixed it!

• Go to Start> Type in "Mouse"
  • Select - Change Mouse Click
  • Select ForcePad tab
  • Go to Settings > select "Clicks" tab
  • Check "Click Corner" box (and all the others showing)
  • Press OK
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.