Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a long series of updates and firmware upgrades we still encounter much trouble with the HP Thunderbolt Dock's

Recently (7-2-2017) we installed a new HP ZBook G3. We always reinstall our ZBook G3's with a 'clean installation' of Windows 10 and the required HP Drivers. After adding the required software on this laptop our nightmare begins...

Unable to attach usb keyboard or mouse on the Thunderbolt Dock and after rebooting a few times even windows crashes.

Once you detach the dock,the coputer will eventually start again and will work as it should.

Any attempt to unload driver and reinstallation have no effect.

After contacting HP support we received a link Troubleshoot Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

In this document they describe a specific order in which to install you drivers.

Since we already tried this in all our previous problems with the dock, i was getting somewhat despirate...

Untill yesterday where i stumbled upon a message on the HP forum including the use of Citrix Client Software which happens to be so in our case.

After a clean installtion of Windows 10 and installing the drivers in the required order as described in the Thoubleshooting documentation, the Zbook and thunderbolt dock both work fine.

Then i installed the citrix receiver 4.6 software and al my troubles were back after a reboot.

I removed the Citrix Client and now everything works perfectly.

The next challence is to get Citrix working again. HP is aware of the problems with the Citrix client and the thunderbolt dock 3 and have adviced me to contract Citrix. Citrix on their behalf adviced me to contact HP.

Now i am stuck in a 3e party loop where nobody is helping...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I started expieriencing very similar issues, citrix on an external monitor would cause the dock to get stuck in a reboot cycle. Updating the firmware for the dock seemed to reduce the crashes along with using citrix 4.7 until the connextant audio driver installed with windows update Conexant - MEDIA - 5/14/2017 - 9.0.136.1. The dock now crashes again mostly when in skype confrence calls. I am thinking its related to the dock audio now.  Not sure if this will help you or not.

HP Recommended

The updates of the dock audio and the latest version of citrix receiver 4.7 do indeed stop the crashing of windows.

However i am still not able to attach a mouse to the dock.. It simply doesn't respond and when i plugin the mouse in the zbook usb port i always have to reboot to get the mouse working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.