Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HSA-B005DS

Hi, I have just bought HSA-B005DS HP Universal dock and connected two 24 inch monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080 and 1920x1200. Everytime I power on my laptop or wake it up from sleep. Either one or both monitors fall back to 640 x 480 resolution and appear as 'Display 2: No Monitor' in my display settings.

I have to unplug and plug the USB-C cable coming from the dock into the laptop a couple of times to get both monitors to the right resolution. Everything works fine until I wake my laptop from sleep or reboot.

Both my Monitors have HDMI slots and I am using a HDMI to DP convertor on my cables to plug into the dock.

I have tested it with both my laptops (Dell and Lenovo) and have tested on other docks to ensure nothing is wrong with my laptop(s). Both laptops are updated and have tried installing the HP USB-C Universal Dock drivers, but to no avail.

What else can I do before considering the Dock to be faulty?1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Can you try with another cable, preferably a DP-to-HDMI cable? Or can you try with Displayport equipped monitors? Those extra DP-HDMI converters worry me a bit.

I took a quick look at displaylink.org user forum and there have been similar cases, this one sounds like your problem - but with no resolution to it. Nevertheless, the Displaylink personnel attending the forum have been known to be helpful and debug hardware problems like this.

Of course, it is possible your dock could be faulty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello.

This somewhat old dock relies on DisplayLink software to drive the displays. I would first recommend updating to the latest drivers from DisplayLink support site. The drivers that HP offers to this model are just very old versions of the DisplayLink drivers, predating Windows 11.

HP Recommended

Hi, the driver install didnt help. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Can you try with another cable, preferably a DP-to-HDMI cable? Or can you try with Displayport equipped monitors? Those extra DP-HDMI converters worry me a bit.

I took a quick look at displaylink.org user forum and there have been similar cases, this one sounds like your problem - but with no resolution to it. Nevertheless, the Displaylink personnel attending the forum have been known to be helpful and debug hardware problems like this.

Of course, it is possible your dock could be faulty.

HP Recommended

I replaced the converters with HDMI to DP cables which solved the issue. Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.