Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 17 G7

Hello there.

I bought a HP ZBook Fury 17 G7 and tried to upgrade the RAM. But when I insert the new RAM the laptop stays black and does nothing.

The specs for the HP ZBook Fury 17 G7 tells me:

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c06887263
Page 9

Maximum Memory3,2,5

128 GB DDR4-2666 non-ECC SDRAM
64 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM
4 DDR4 SODIMMS4
Supports Dual Channel Memory1
Slots are customer accessible / upgradeable
1Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory channels.
2 Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to
ensure compatibility. If you mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed.
3Transfer rates up to 2666 MT/s for nECC and ECC memory combinations when memory suppliers are consistent. If suppliers
are not consistent, speeds may drop to 2133 MT/s for nECC and 2400 MT/s for ECC memory combinations. A custom
configuration including part number AY104AV can be used to lock in a consistent vendor.
Intel® allows architectures designed with four DIMM slots to run at 2400 MT/s
5 Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems.

I try to upgrade to 128 GB RAM and therefor bought 4 pieces of
Corsair Vengeance SODIMM 32 GB 3200MHz 22-22-22-53 non-EEC

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/memory/cmsx32gx4m1a3200c22/corsair-high-performance-vengeance-memory...

Even if I add only one of the bought RAM modules alone the laptop stays black.
If I keep the preinstalled RAM module and add one piece of the new ones the laptop stays black.

Can it really be an issue that the new RAMs support higher frequency than the laptop?

Any hints what the problem could be and how to get them running?
Any recommendations for alternatives?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WoronkDD 

Please do NOT ask me why BUT from my experiences, you have to use pricey RAM from HP. Part numbers are

• 32 GB (2666 MHz, 1.2 V, DDR4) part # L50384-001
  • 16 GB (2666 MHz, 1.2 V, DDR4, ECC) part #  L24981-001
  • 16 GB (2666 MHz, 1.2 V, DDR4) part #  937438-950
  • 8 GB (3200 MHz, 1.2 V, DDR4) part #  L46598-001
  • 8 GB (2666 MHz, 1.2 V, DDR4, ECC) part # L24983-001

I bought RAM from Crucial which says fully compatible but did not work, I used part # to order RAM from Amazon and voilà.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.