Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP laptop takes a long time to boot up. What can I do to fix this? The laptop is only 3 years old and has 16 MB of RAM.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello.

What is your laptop model?

How long is "a long time"? 5 minutes, 2 hours?

Have you had this problem since the beginning or did this start suddenly?

Does it take a long time for the screen to wake and HP logo to show up, or does Windows/other OS keep loading for a long time?

In any case I recommend running the HP UEFI diagnostics first. When you start up your computer, keep tapping the ESC key when HP logo is shown. Then select F2 Diagnostics and run all diagnostics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.