Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ELITEBOOK 8470P
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I shall keep this short and simple,

I am working on a project, i basically stripped the whole laptop apart and i have kept the motherboard plus necessary components such as harddrive etc

I am putting the motherboard in a frame and attaching it to the wall.  I shall be operating this with a wireless keyboard and mouse + attaching it to a tv via HDMI.

However there 2 problems regarding the bios...

1: The bios does not display  on my TV despite disconnecting the laptop LCD. It just goes straight to windows, the issue here is that anytime i need to enter the bios i MUST attach the laptop lcd back and this is a huge inconvenience.

2: again with the bios, it will not detect my wireless keyboard and mouse within the bios, it only works with the laptop keyboard attached. Again, inconvenience. I checked all the bios settings but i cant find anything to enable wireless keyboard to work, nor change power up display to set the TV to defaults 😕

I saw a thing on another thread where setting the laptop screen down while connecting the tv, this shows the bios. It does work but it still requires having a connected lcd which i do not want.

Any help will be much appreciated thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.