Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My touchpad somehow didn't have a scroll up/down feature. I tried to install a new driver from HP website. Now, the touchpad has stopped working entirely and the touchpad device is not visible in the device manager nor in the mouse settings. I installed a number of drivers and updated drivers again but to no avail. Please guide (step-by-step) as to how should I proceed after downloading the requisite driver.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @A-Lochan,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to use the touchpad on your computer. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

For me to be able to assist you. I request you to provide the product number and the operating system installed the computer. 

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers updated. Click here for assistance. 

You can also use HPSA to run diagnostics on the computer. 

Review the steps suggested in Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities , Turning all TouchPad gestures off and on and Troubleshooting when the TouchPad does not work in this article

Try the steps suggested in the article as well. Provide the requested information for further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.